KT-Shelter, or KTS is a large-scale, robust weather shelter for challenging environments. It is designed to protect the equipment, machinery, gear or people for demanding clients ranging from defence, crisis management to industry. KTS stands apart from any competitor with its patented innovation that enables the assembly from the ground up without any machinery. This makes the assembly quick and nimble regardless of the location or the type of terrain it is assembled on. KTS can be lined up with a layer of insulation making it possible to cool it off, or heat it up depending on the climate it is being deployed in. In addition to the insulation, it can also be covered with a shield preventing the radar from seeing inside. The strong structure of the building can also withstand level 3 hurricanes.
KT-SHELTER PRODUCT VIDEO
MODELS – WIDTH AND HEIGHT
KTS comes in six different sizes with M1 being the smallest and M6 being the largest dome for the shelter.
- M1 – 16ft/5m width, 2ft/0.5m height – suitable to place on existing buildings such as containers to make a roof.
- M2 – 33ft/10m width, 5ft/1.5m height – suitable to place on existing buildings such as containers to make a roof.
- M3 – 49ft/15m width, 10ft/3m height – suitable to place on existing buildings such as containers to make a roof.
- M4 – 59ft/18m width, 20ft/6m height – suitable to add on an existing building, or to use as a self-standing shelter.
- M5 – 66ft/20m width, 26ft/8m height– suitable to use as a self-standing shelter.
- M6 – 69ft/21m width, 36ft/11m height– suitable to use as a self-standing shelter.
MODELS – LENGTH
KTS shelters are composed of arches placed either 10ft/3m or 20ft/6m apart. The shorter the space between the arches, the stronger the units become.
It is with the 10ft/3m spacing between the arches that we have used for calculating the wind-load, snow-load, and other technical specs.
Given the independence of each space between the arches, and provided the that foundation is reasonably level,
the length of the shelter can be ‘as long as you would need it to be.’
OPTIONS – DOORS
All shelters can be equipped with a straight end walls and fitted with roll up doors. The door sizes can be from 10ftx10ft or 3x3m and up. The opening mechanism can be manual or electric.
Clam shell door is especially useful when warehousing large machinery such as aircrafts. The door can be opened manually in 60 seconds for rapid deployment.
Addition to the large doors, a service door can be installed on the side of the shelter. This is especially useful and economical if the unit is climatized against external conditions.